How to wash a hat
One of the many perks of living on the African continent is that we have an endless supply of sunshine. And, as South Africans, we just love catching a few rays and replenishing that much-needed vitamin D. This also means that hats are in high demand. But what happens if your favourite hat has seen better days and starts to look a little grimy? Follow our step-by-step guide and your hat is sure to look as good as new in no time.
You will need:
- Plastic container with a sealable lid
- Sunlight Baby Mild Soap Powder
- Lukewarm water
How to clean your hat:
- Step 1: Place the hat in the container.
- Step 2: Fill with lukewarm water until the hat is halfway submerged. It’s very important to use water that is not too hot!
- Step 3: Add a tablespoon of Sunlight Baby Mild Soap Powder. This mild baby soap will ensure that the fibres of your hat remain intact while also ensuring that no residue is left behind.
- Step 4: Put the lid on the container. It’s best to use a plastic container with a lockable lid. The hot water will cause steam to build up and the lid to pop off.
- Step 5: Shake, shake, shake!
- Step 6: After a few shake cycles, remove the lid from the container (taking care of the escaping steam). Towel dry the hat and leave it out to completely dry. Do not expose the hat to heat from a fan or heater.
Stuck without the right items? Washing your hat in the dishwasher also helps it to maintain its shape! For more dishwashing and cleaning hacks, as well as laundry advice, click here.